Wednesday 19 April 2017

Eva

1)   As all movie posters have a focal image which helps introduce characters and narrative plot, I used the protagonist of my film to be the focus( use of a teenage girl) alongside a background setting the scene. Since my story revolves around murders which happens during when it rains , the girl is seen holding a pink umbrella which also adds onto  plot. I used an indication of when the film would be released with the producers and stars directly underneath to interest people who are already fond of their work. The tagline helps sum up and or add information to the film: Let me wash your pain with my tears. This allows the film to be indicated as a mystery/thriller genre and adds tension. The title ‘Project Despair’ is above all the text and near the focal image making it prominent and viewable. I then included the age rating in the corner- 15 as the narrative is slightly graphic/violent.
2)   The genre of my film is mystery and thriller. I have portrayed my genre through the use of the background the character is in. A dull empty road with a old fashioned road which gives an eerie effect. Also the character is seen holding an umbrella looking straight ahead with a expressionless face wearing school like clothing giving a sense of mystery.
3)    I have used the universal studios logo and also included positive reviews to give the film credibility. I also added institutional information in the billing box which will encourage an audience to go and see this film if they have enjoyed other films by the same director.

4)   There is synergy between my poster and storyboard because the main character from the central image in my poster also appears on the storyboard. The trailer starts off by showing the universal studios logo and also has various moments showing the main character holding the pink umbrella, which is seen in the poster. There are parts of the trailer which features various eerie/dangerous roads which are present in the background image of the poster.
5)  My trailer and poster challenge some streotypes. Usually there would be a male hero who would solve mysterious cases however in mine it's a teenage girl who is the protagonist. This also gives postive suggestions that not only boys can be seen as heroes. The girl is mean to be seem somewhat young which helps target towards a teenage auidence. I have also represented a different typing of ethnic group for the main character. This subverts hollywood stereotypes as usually white characters are played as the main character leaving a different ethnicity to be a villain or side character.

No comments:

Post a Comment